This rice scoop is designed by Kazuho Shimomoto, a bamboo craftsman who is also a charcoal maker. The moderately thick handle is easy to grip, and the portion for scooping up rice is just the right size, neither too large nor too small. A knot is between the handle and the spatula so that the scooping area does not stick to the bottom when it is turned over. Each has its own unique look in terms of size and shape, and when they are smoked in a charcoal kiln, they take on a unique colorful appearance. The warmth not found in metalware is unique to this product, and it fits gently in the hand.
【Kazuho Shimomoto】Shimomoto was born in Kochi in 1978 and is revered for his production of everyday objects made with bamboo and charcoalIn 2001 he set up a kiln in his hometown, the former Kagami Mura. His bamboo works are both strong and flexible, and their distinctive color is achieved through a smoking process.
*Please understand that there may be slight variations in shape, color, and size due to the fact that they are smoked and finished by hand using natural materials.
*Do not use a dishwasher.
*Dry well after use and store in a well-ventilated place.
*After prolonged use, whitish fluffing will occur. If this is a concern, sand the surface with #800 grade paper and apply vegetable oil, etc. to keep it shiny. This product is finished with walnut oil.
[Shipping areas (limited to)]
Australia / Canada / China / Hong Kong / India / Macao / Malaysia / Mexico / New Zealand / Singapore / South Korea / Switzerland / Taiwan / Thailand / United Arab Emirates / United Kingdom / United States / Vietnam
Fees will depend on the order volume and shipping destination. It depends on the shipping destination and the items purchased. Please review the automatically calculated fees on the checkout page.
EMS / DHL / FedEx
Generally, items will be shipped out within five business days after your order confirmation.
* Every order reference will be packaged as one shipment. Multiple orders placed on the same day cannot be shipped together. Please carefully check before confirming your order.
* Please note that delays may occur due to natural disasters, social infrastructure or other cases of force majeure.
* For further details, please also refer to our Shopping guide.
[For customer orders to India]
In order to import all non-document deliveries to India, a mandatory procedure is required to submit your KYC (Know Your Customer) documents. In any case the KYC is unregistered in time, delays of customs may occur.
Please follow the procedure listed in the DHL website below, and make sure the required criteria are met before placing your order.
For further questions, please contact DHL India directly.
Returns and Exchanges
We do not accept returns or exchanges due to personal reasons. Before you confirm your purchase, please send your inquiry through our Contact form to further assist you about the nature of each item.
* The actual products are photographed one by one. Due to the variations in monitors and browser experiences, the color of products may appear different on individual monitors. Computer monitors are not all calibrated equally for color reproduction. Please understand these cases will not be accepted as defective items.
* For further details, please refer to our Return policy.