Akito Akagi for A&S
Two different techniques are used: wipe lacquer is applied to the pattern where the grain of the wood can be faintly felt, and Wajima paper coating is applied to the tip where it touches the mouth. The cutlery feels surprisingly light in the hand and soft to the touch. The cutlery does not make a sound even when it hits each other, and there is no risk of scratching delicate dishes.
【Akito Akagi】Akito Akagi was born in Okayama in 1962. He starts his career as an editor but in 1988, moves to Wajima to study traditional lacquer painting with master artist Susumu Okamoto. He begins working independently in 1994, producing a body of renowned works that open new possibilities for the use of lacquer in the production of useful design objects. His field is vast, spreading from artistic direction for tea ceremony goods to creating two dimensional works. His works are featured regularly in various galleries and stores in Japan and internationally.
*No special box is included. It will be delivered wrapped in cushioning material.
*As this is an artist's work, each piece will have a different look and size. We appreciate your understanding in advance.
[Shipping areas (limited to)]
Australia / Canada / China / Hong Kong / India / Macao / Malaysia / Mexico / New Zealand / Singapore / South Korea / Switzerland / Taiwan / Thailand / United Arab Emirates / United Kingdom / United States / Vietnam
Fees will depend on the order volume and shipping destination. It depends on the shipping destination and the items purchased. Please review the automatically calculated fees on the checkout page.
Generally, items will be shipped out within five business days after your order confirmation.
* Every order reference will be packaged as one shipment. Multiple orders placed on the same day cannot be shipped together. Please carefully check before confirming your order.
* Please note that delays may occur due to natural disasters, social infrastructure or other cases of force majeure.
* For further details, please also refer to our Shopping guide.
[For customer orders to India]
In order to import all non-document deliveries to India, a mandatory procedure is required to submit your KYC (Know Your Customer) documents. In any case the KYC is unregistered in time, delays of customs may occur.
Please follow the procedure listed in the DHL website below, and make sure the required criteria are met before placing your order.
For further questions, please contact DHL India directly.
Returns and Exchanges
We do not accept returns or exchanges due to personal reasons. Before you confirm your purchase, please send your inquiry through our Contact form to further assist you about the nature of each item.
* The actual products are photographed one by one. Due to the variations in monitors and browser experiences, the color of products may appear different on individual monitors. Computer monitors are not all calibrated equally for color reproduction. Please understand these cases will not be accepted as defective items.
* For further details, please refer to our Return policy.