Mitate no Shogatsu
The flower shop "Mitate" is located quietly in Kyoto, Japan. This is the first photo book of the New Year's decorations and the production process, which conveys new values that can be expressed with plants, while respecting Japanese culture and sensibilities. This book gives the impression of an atmosphere in which new values can be found even in the midst of silence.
Every year, A&S holds an order-taking event for New Year's decorations tied to the ancient Japanese sense of beauty.
《The following is a quote from Mitate's official website》
「Since ancient times, the Japanese people have been confronted with nature and have transformed their prayers into various forms. At Mitate, we make New Year's decorations as a form of prayer that goes back to the thoughts of the Japanese people and is close to the present. We photographed the process of making Mitate's New Year's decorations, the artists' and craftsmen's work, and places and objects with which they are associated, capturing the atmosphere before the prayers took shape.」
*This does not provide English translation. Japanese only.
【Author】Mitate【Format】H27×W 20cm【Number of pages】140pages【Issued date】2018【Planning, production and photography】discovery go inc.
Opened in April 2013 in Shichiku, Kita-ku, Kyoto. Using seasonal wildflowers according to the Japanese calendar, he produces ikebana and flower boxes with a deep and profound feeling. He uses plants to express a uniquely Japanese sense of beauty, a method of expression in which things are not as they should be, but are seen as something else.
[Shipping areas (limited to)]
Australia / Canada / China / Hong Kong / India / Macao / Malaysia / Mexico / New Zealand / Singapore / South Korea / Switzerland / Taiwan / Thailand / United Arab Emirates / United Kingdom / United States / Vietnam
Fees will depend on the order volume and shipping destination. It depends on the shipping destination and the items purchased. Please review the automatically calculated fees on the checkout page.
EMS / DHL / FedEx
Generally, items will be shipped out within five business days after your order confirmation.
* Every order reference will be packaged as one shipment. Multiple orders placed on the same day cannot be shipped together. Please carefully check before confirming your order.
* Please note that delays may occur due to natural disasters, social infrastructure or other cases of force majeure.
* For further details, please also refer to our Shopping guide.
[For customer orders to India]
In order to import all non-document deliveries to India, a mandatory procedure is required to submit your KYC (Know Your Customer) documents. In any case the KYC is unregistered in time, delays of customs may occur.
Please follow the procedure listed in the DHL website below, and make sure the required criteria are met before placing your order.
For further questions, please contact DHL India directly.
Returns and Exchanges
We do not accept returns or exchanges due to personal reasons. Before you confirm your purchase, please send your inquiry through our Contact form to further assist you about the nature of each item.
* The actual products are photographed one by one. Due to the variations in monitors and browser experiences, the color of products may appear different on individual monitors. Computer monitors are not all calibrated equally for color reproduction. Please understand these cases will not be accepted as defective items.
* For further details, please refer to our Return policy.